Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Farmers Next Generation Policy

Posted by Tina Meyers 
Farmers Next Generation Policy
January 18, 2008 10:21AM
Does anyone have any info related to comparing the new Farmers Next Generation
policy to the Protector Plus?

Advantages vs. Disadvantages

Thanks !!!!!!!!!

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: Farmers Next Generation Policy
January 19, 2008 10:15AM
Can anyone that may have worked for Farmers or is a current Farmers employee tell me how possible that a regional manager could delay an insurance claim/trial? My husband was hit by a drunk driver on September 11, 2004. The lady that hit him is married to a well established regional manager for Farmers. In fact every mediation, deposition and arbitration we went to he proudly wore his Farmer's Agent Polo shirt. He is smug and arrogant and i dislike him soooo much , but that is beside the point. What has happened is we have been faced with delays and set back and bad faith offers from them for almost 4 years. She was arrested and drunk. The damage to our car was 8,000 dollars for the back and a damaged steering column of another 1,200 dollars. Her front end was smashed in. My husband was out of work for 18 months and we have lost our home! He faced two shoulder surgeries and long term neck injuries. He now takes a wad of medications and cannot do all the things he used to.
We go to trial come this Tuesday , one year after arbitration. We were supposed to set trial right after arbitration a year ago. His attorneys deferd two other trial dates stating they had other commitments and pushed this thing out for a year.
Thanks for any feedback
Mrs. K. Stewart

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

anon
January 21, 2008 07:53PM
You have no attorney? They would best know how the delay tactics are allowed by the court. I am not an attorney so cannot answer what remedies there may be to the other attorneys' requests.

I hope that you will be able to post this Regional Manager's name when this is over. On this board and all other relative boards that employees and agents might like to read about. Don't forget the police report with the arrest details. I think you have a right to publicly share your police report, but do check, because he would probably be the first to scream lawsuit, even if you are fully within your rights. Publishing this information could shed some light and bring some humility...cannot promise, though. Sometimes you just have to forget you are a lady and roll up your sleeves!!! I wish you endurance, success, and justice.

January 22, 2008 10:23AM
Tina, the major difference is in the rate structure at a glance from the MOI you sign it appears you are actually getting a better coverage you get the "New" 30,000 in indentity fraud expense coverage so it seems like a better deal right??? The protector plus was a better product, the reason for this change was that the Southern California Market's rate was disproprtionately higher then the Central California Divisions. Example: A home that costs 500 in Fresno could cost 900 in Long Beach. They Changed that and restructured the rate. If your house was built in the 80's your premium will be through the roof, if the house is 5 years or newer it will be very inexpensive. The down side to the policy is that the protector plus had broader coverage and was an open peril policy in many ways as compared the Next Gen which is Named peril, arguably. On an industry average neither one of them are "Bad" per say but if you have a protector plus and you can save about 60 bucks a year re-writing to a next gen I would not change it. Yes some sub-limits are higher, and yes it has more bells and whistles. But in the clauses and exlcusions is where you need to check closely. The bad news is that if the PTP has been cancelled for more than ?? (cant remember off top of head) days you can not reinstate it. If you have it dont let it lapse it is (or was) a good policy. It is has been discontinued. So keep it in-force. I would pay 10-20 percent higher for the protector plus to maintain it over a Next Gen. But if you have a newer home and walk into your agents office to bitch about the rate chances are you will get sold one of these. Your protector plus rate will proabably have increased over the years. But I "would" suck it up. Let me sum it up like this "Farmers" really wants you to turn that Protector Plus to a next gen. If your insurance goes up drastically then switch but make sure your know the differences between open peril, and named.

Jackson
January 25, 2008 12:10PM
I would get the press involved. Nobody likes bad publicity including a big company. Other than that hire a bull-dog of an lawyer.

Nandy
April 03, 2010 03:51PM
Could anyone tell me what is the difference between The Farmers Legacy policy for a home ve their Next generation policy?

Farmers claims my policy is not offered any longer, and I have to get the Next "Degeneration" policy, which would have a premium 120% higher but with the same coverage I have now. Obviously, I will not fall into this ridiculous and dishonest trap, and will get my policy from another company. The government should look into these abuses from Farmers, and take appropriate legal action.

June 25, 2013 11:08PM
Thanks @Anon and @Agent for sharing this. I was not aware of all such updates.

I recently received the same Farmers letter as D S talks about, stating that my homeowners Policy was no longer being sold in CA. I have no price quote from Farmers yet. When I started reading the loooooonnggg included booklet to find the key differences, I was pleased to find that differences were the norm, rather than simply "new" contract language with differences unstated. Kudos!

FYI - then I was quite surprised to find this on the sixth page (I am still amused):
"self-propelled missiles" are excluded from being insured (Under Section 1 - Types of Personal Property Not Insured) I wonder why that is there? I was looking for the other differences between the policies.

I only expected to see monetary differences, but found this, instead. I now intend to complete reading the booklet. FYI.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
93EmV
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.