Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

General Discussion Archives

Posted by administrator 
General Discussion Archives
May 01, 2006 07:12PM
General Discussions: Archives from old Forum
[www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/01/2006 07:19PM by administrator.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

I had a very bad experience with Farmers Auto Insurance after a deer hit. First they tried to say that it wasn't a deer hit, so that the loss would be classified as collision and not comprehensive (A collision loss is chargeable, a comprehnsive loss is non-chargeable). The adjuster implied to me that he thought that I had been driving drunk and he thought that I hit a parked car or some other object. Then they tried to force me to go to one of their DRP bodyshops who was going to install substandard parts on my Lexus. I had the car fixed at a bodyshop owned by a Toyota/Lexus dealership. The dealerhsip installed factory parts, and after a lawsuit against Farmers for bad faith, I won. Farmers was forced to pay for the OEM parts. I now have my automobile and homeowners insurance with Amica.

Dave

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: General Discussion Archives
June 27, 2006 10:28AM
Farmers insurance cancelled my insurance for nonpayment of renewal. I switched to Geico and now 3 monthes later Farmers is taking me to collections for balance due for coverage provided. First they screwed up my claim (didn't pay the amount they said they would) then they cancell my insurance and now they are taking me to collecitons

August 17, 2006 11:13AM
Farmers Insurance Group had been charging me almost $1000 a month for my insurance on four cars and two homes over the last three years. When I contacted my agent, Greg Layne, in Chattanooga, TN, I was told all companies were raising rates because of 911 and the huricanes. I lived with it for three years, then I got smart. I changed to State Farm for $398 a month for better coverage than I had with Farmers. They were ripping me off big time! When the Farmer's Insurance was canceled on May 26 of this year with my agent, the insurance drafts continued to come out of my checking account until I stopped payment. It was not until I contacted the district office here that the policies were actually canceled. Now, today is August 17th, and I still have not received a refund of my premiums, more than $2000, that they withdrew from my account after they were notified to discontinue the coverage. Today I called the home office for the 6th time and was told the check went out yesterday. We will see! Farmers Insurance sucks!
Bill Swan
Dunlap, TN

October 18, 2006 06:56PM
I WILL AGREE FARMERS AUTO ADJUSTERS SUCK. IT TOOK THEM 4 MONTHS TO SETTLE MY FIRE CLAIM ON A 2000 MERCURY MOUNTAINERR THAT CAUGHT FIRE IN A PARKING LOT.
THEY DID NOT RESPOND TO PHONE CALLS OR LETTERS. IT TOOK THEM LONGER TO SETTLE A SIMPLE TOTAL AUTO LOSS THAN IT TAKES TO SETTLE A TOTAL MOBILE HOME LOSS.

November 16, 2006 03:29PM
I have been with farmers for 12 years. I have never made a claim!We pay our insurance 6 months ahead. I was in my Farmers agents office for proof of insurance and received it with no mention of payment needed.My wife made a payment and no lapse of coverage was mentioned. Turns out I had an accident. First in my life. Found out they had lapsed coverage 2 days before accident. My truck is totaled and a passenger was mildly hurt but had to be airvaced due to location. My farmers agent said he would not help me. My adjuster never calls me back for days at a time. I am now on the supervisor and she wont call me back either.She says she is playing phone tag with my agent for 2 days. Meanwhile my truck is in storage yard costing more and more each day. They dont seem to care about me or my loss. I paid faithfully for 12 years and this is how the treat a loyal customer.If my agent had mentioned a payment needed when i was at her desk i would have paid immediately. I also did not receive a cancelation notice they said they sent. I feel I have been greatly wronged by farmers.

Kev
April 18, 2007 02:04PM
Heres a question i need to ask you. I was making a left turn, and this big, hulking commercial truck that has been modified to carry items for a company was in the left-turn lane, while i was in the right turn-lane. we both make the turn. Then, as we come into the straightaway, i mean barely come out of the turn, the guy shoots across his lane and smashes into my front-driver-side wheel and my side! little to say, the guy is a complete moron, stating that it was " my fault " and i shouldve " given him way ". what way? The way to a psychic evualation that, I, a middle-aged man, can read, that before we EVEN made the turn, that he was gonna merge right. Now Farmers contacts me and says hes not insured, only his vehicle is so they denied my claim. Who sucks more than farmers does? What sense does this make?

calif
April 18, 2007 07:15PM
Are they saying (????) that the driver was an excluded driver on this vehicle? Not real clear,though, by your post...was the other "vehicle" insured by Farmers? Did they admit liability yet deny the claim? Did you get any witnesses in case you have to go after the owner of the vehicle? Sorry but could not get all of your situation clearly.

BRENDA MCINTOSH
May 09, 2007 10:14AM
I THINK FARMERS INSURANCE IS THE WORST INSURANCE EVER. THEY REALLY DO SUCK.

Farmers is not even fair to their own insureds.
It is well established in law that a carrier has a
duty to use diligence to keep their own insured from
exposure to punitive damages claims even though the
carrier cannot in 98% of all states insure against
punitive damages.

In the situation at hand, the drunk driver 'insured'
by farmers is facing 100% fault and their adjusters
and attorneys have denied any such duty to their
insured.

I just kicked out a Farmers Agent in California who was renting office space from my company. I would rather have the office space vacant for several months than to dealing with these bloody idiots!!

Farmers lied to me about rates
September 14, 2007 07:31AM
I'm having a huge issue with my farmers agent. They are taking money out of my checking account even though I paid 6 months in advance and am not due to pay until October 16. I switched to another Farmers agent who can't figure out what they did to my policy, but in order to stay covered I had to pay over $300 on my six month premium. I'm pist because I'm a single mom and budget accordingly every six months for my insurance and now I'm flat broke and they told me if I don't let this next $176 come out I will not be insured. I've called many numbers and no one seems to want to help me. I know it's only $300 extra for my six month premium, but someone has lied to me and knowone seems to care and I want all my money back. I'll go back to Geico. Any suggestions on what to do? I have a daughter who is driving and we can't afford to not be insured. I was told via email and when I went in I signed the papers that my 6 month premium would be $900 for life, renters insurance and car insurance. I have all copies and proof, but now I guess they are saying my premiums are $1068, Can I do anything to make them at least stick to the first six months that they told me I would have to pay? I feel robbed. Thanks for any help on this issue.

January 15, 2009 12:22PM
We too have experienced this issue with Farmers this past year. I cancelled our insurance due to a huge increase across the board, then they drafted our account a month later and cost us over $90.00 in bank fees. Farmers is refusing to pay these fees. But the real kicker is that I can not get a manager to call me back. It's as though we have the plague or something.

So I am looking for those who wish to start a Class Action Suit and stop this type of rip-off. I know $100 doesn't look like a lot of money to some. But when you live on a budget, it's alot. Then add this up many times and see what Farmers is costing the consumers.

June 24, 2009 10:48PM
I too was sent to a collection agency when I switched carriers from Farmers to State Farm. Farmers canceled my policy. Where the hell do they get off sending me collections? On top of that there is now an interest that is being charged WTF!!!! I am going to report Farmers to every agency I can. The CA Insurance Commissioner, the Fair Debt Collection Practices. If this dings my credit history I am going to sue them!!!!

June 24, 2009 11:29PM
AS A RECENT FORMER FARMERS AGENT I CAN ASSURE MOST PEOPLE TO BELIEVE FARMERS

AGENTS ARE COMPLETELY USELESS TO A CLIENT. THEY ARE SIMPLY SECRETARIES FOR THE

COMPANY WITH NO POWER TO CORRECT MISTAKES, BILLING, OR ISSUED POLICIES.

MY NUMBER ONE REASON TO GIVE YOU PROOF IS THAT NO AGENT ACROSS THE COUNTRY CAN

PRODUCE A DECLARATIONS PAGE. AGENTS FOR FARMERS DO NOT EVEN HAVE TO OPTION TO

REQUEST A CLIENT'S DEC PAGE TO BE SENT TO THEIR OWN OFFICE. THAT ONE PIECE OF

PAPER IS THE ONE AND ONLY PROOF TO ANY INSURANCE COMPANY THAT COVERAGE EXISTS AND

THESE AGENTS HAVE NO RECORD OR ACCESS TO GET THE RECORD.

SO THERE FARMERS!!!

October 31, 2009 07:30AM
Just to update you on the story of Farmers Insurance Group accusing Ban T Nguyen of arson. I am Ban T Nguyen's attorney and a federal jury returned a verdict in favor of Ban T. Nguyen for the full amount of his proof of loss against Farmers Insurance Exchange. Just another victory for the little guy!

November 12, 2009 12:42PM
Missy, yes we do have access to the dec pages and all other documents we want. I personally keep paper copies for all my clients.

Over the past year I have been helping several of my farmers agents who have gone independant to get set up with markets. I am in the premium finance industry but I meet with marketing reps from the different MGA's & companies so I can help my agents when they need a market for both personal and commercial lines. A little information about myself is that I have been in the insurance industry since 1981. I am a licensed insurance agent and I have worked with insurance agencies both commercial and personal lines and I have also worked for US Risk as a Senior Underwriter Assistant for 5 years.

Several of my agents have advised that Farmers is letting many of their agents go. If you are going independant please feel free to contact me.

Mary Coovert Holeman
Senior Regional Vice President
Express Premium Finance Co
mary@expresspremium.com
832-766-7977

July 12,2010

I just purchased a small house that was forclosed and needed repair. Foremost ok'd the policy, accepted my money for one years coverage and then sent me notice that they were going to cancel the policy in two weeks if the siding on the back of the house was not replaced because it was damaged. I was going to replace it anyway but that is not the point. Foremose knew it was a fixer upper when they insured it and that was two months ago. There should be a law that when a policy is accepted it cannot be cancelled until renewal date except for non payment of premium. They have had my money for two months and it has drawn interest for them and I'm sure if it cancels Iwould only get back a fraction of the premium I paid. This is a scam and should not be allowed.

Well, I might be preaching to the choir, but yes, indeed FARMER'S SUCKS BIG TIME!. Besides, thinly disguised delays, lies, threats, ATTEMPETED COERSION and general slimeyness, they low balled the value of my son's car (destroyed by Farmer's Insured) and cut us off at 80% of THAT because the perpetrator said she was cut off (a bald-faced lie) before she rear ended and damaged THREE CARS. No matter that her testimony was disputed, they told me they would sick their shysters on me in small claims court and cut me to ribbons, leaving me with nothing. All in all, I figure they robbed me for about 1500 bucks.

If they will lie to me, they'll lie to their own insured, make no mistake. This is a demented company with a culture of larsony.

AVOID THESE MONSTERS AT ALL COST!

December 30, 2010 10:02AM
I have been with Farmers for 6 years now. They have been raising my rates for no reason each year. This year they canceled my policy without my authorization and put me on a new policy. The new policy required an inspection. I gave them my address and directions to get to my home 3 times. I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying my insurance would be canceled tomorrow night at midnight. The reason being they couldn't find my house. LOL

Farmers is so out of line its unreal. Someone needs to put them out of business. It's almost impossible to shop around and get coverage in 2 days and especially on a holiday weekend. What would have happened had i been out of town for the weekend and my home burned down? It's hard to imagine this is legal. I'm not sure about it yet but I will be checking into it. They should at least give someone a few weeks to shop around for insurance.

I'm satisfied Farmers is incompetent based on the fact they can't locate a home they have had insured for 6 years, even after giving them directions 3 times, but the thing that gets me is the 2 day notice of cancellation. Ethically speaking that's just WRONG!

I wish that I had discovered the things that are posted here on Farmers Insurance before I trusted my business to them!!!!!! I am currentley goiing through a car Deer claim with them in North Michigan. and am getting all the standard run around and stone walling that seems to be a pattern with this organazation.

Just a thought isn't the insurance business a regulated industry? And if so how does one file a complaint with the regalatory board?? also with all the heirendous things that this company has allowed to happen with thier customers why or how does one file or Start a Class Action Law suit???

I certaionly would do all that I can to lend a voice to help all of those in whom this company has taken for granted a gross advantage of!!!!

December 09, 2011 09:23PM
I was Insured by Farmers for 42 years and only filed 1 claim over 20 years ago. Then last month I was hit in a parking lot by something in the bumber of my new Dodge pickup. My agent said that the claim would be filed as comprehensive with a $120 deductable. The adjuster said to get it fixed and he would send the check for repairs minus the $120 deductable. After I had the bumper replace he sent a check for $6 and change. They said that it was colision and the deductable was $500. They said that was the best they could do.
I lost all trust in the company so I started looking around for other company. I had always been told by my Farmers agent that I was well covered and had the best insurance. When I started comparing, I learned I had had minimum coverage for premium prices all these years. I now am with Allstate with premium coverage, lower deductables and a $1276. per year savings. After doing the homework, I discovered Farmers to be very over priced.

Best day of my life, August 25th 2012. I was fired from Farmers. I drove home thinking about what had just happed and when I arrived home I honestly felt so free. No more stress or that heavy felling on your back knowing your not meeting your numbers. Not meeting your numbers, humm you might say yea then you should have been fired right. Wrong. I was a "spanish claims rep" when I started I meet every raking they asked for without kissing any ass. Then an email was sent out stating that we were going to be seperated, depending on our skills set. OK Three groups, Multi, Special, Spanish.
Yes I was placed in Spanish. I thought it was going to be a great thing not only knowing that in our center 95% of Spansih reps where in the top 20% this is aprox 1200 reps. Soo I wasnt worried. then they stated that every one in the group would only be ranked against the people in their own group. This raised and eyebrow. I wasnt going to be fair due to the fact that new hires where not going to be added to the Spanish/Specialty. I was only ranked against Spanish meaning some of the best. A few months later (August) they walked me into a room and said your gone. what happed. I honestly didnt think they where looking at the numbers right. 3 catagories. ACW, Handel time and QA. Acw = after call work. once you hang up a call you had to get back on that phone fast because "calls are waiting" they would say. you would think hey just a few secs to clean up my screen from all the programes used ( I used 6 ) to be ready for the next call. 30 secs and you had a supervisor on your neck asking whats taking so long. some sups (jessica. dont want to say her last name) would bitch about 15 secs. so we had to keep that number low. very low. my ACW was aprox 27 sec. Handel time = duration of your calls. I carried an ave of 12 min, not bad right. QA= once a week 2 calles would get pulled and listed to by our QA reps. I had an average of 93% Now your thinking ok but what where the rankings you had to carrie in order to be a Meets of Above Meets.
QA 90 and up
Handel Time 13 min and less
Acw 1 min 30 sec

I know right. how is it that you had every thing where they wanted you to be and yet the fired you.
well again like I said befor. I was moved to the Spanish groupe where all of us had high, very high numbers. but because I was only ranked against other Spanish CSA's I was ranked to be in the bottom 10% so they called it. and they let me go.
Beleve me even though I had goog numbers I was not at all happy with my job. I hated having to wake up and go to work. having my days off on Thursday and Friday. No one would want to swich days soo I can spend a weekend with my wife and son. I still talk to coworkers that are there right now. and they said its HELL. I thought it was hell when I left.

Best day of my life. I walked in to my room and my wife asked me what are you doing home, I said with a smile on my face Im free.

I obtained a job at a differant company, some insuance but more financial. Im making 3 times what Famers was paying me Im sooo happy I was Fired.
3 years I gave to Farmers Ins. 3 years I will never get back.

My experiences with Farmers is ongoing for eight years or more. I was rear-ended at a high rate of speed. Well, enough about me.

Farmers funded the tortfeasor's defense, unbeknownst to me until recently. Anyhow, my SUM policy is for $300,000.

In New York State here, we have a no fault law. However, the no-fault scheme, the SUM policy and the liability are all separate and apart according to New York State Law and according to my policy.

In NYS you can't get an attorney even if you are crippled, because Farmers is in the pockets of the Courts. I caught them red-handed.

My case against Farmers was summarily dismissed about a year ago. So, of course, I file an appeal. Their tricks are too numerable to list here.

They made a motion for summary judgment stating that the issues are precluded based on the tortfeasor case, which was loaded with error, erroneous reports, and fraudulently obtained and doctored evidence. For example, they paid an orthopedic doctor yes, my insurance company funded the tortfeasor's defense. That case was never finalized, and when we are served, I will file a writ or whatever. Judge Roger McDonough here in NYS is not an elected judge; however, he is the insurance industry judge.

So, without discovery occuring, or anything else, Farmers buys off and pays Roger McDonough to dismiss my case. I took the wording and excuses the Court used in the lower case and had my ducks in a row. I submitted an opposition to summary judgment in appropriate form, with doctor's affidavits, and other relevant evidence. So, Roger McDonough a politically appointed judge; not elected, says that I failed to file the opposition papers. Long story short, I went to review the file, and what did I find, I found that of course the response in opposition was in the file. I also found that Roger Mcdonough on behalf of Farmers, rendered his erroneous decision on June 27, 2012, granting defendant summary judgment, then the defendant on June 28, 2012 for the first time ever, files all of their documents at once on June 28, 2012, never having appropriately filed any of their documents prior to that time. Then, on June 29, 2012, good old Roger McDonough, whose fucking head I want to chop off, orders up the file and holds onto it during the intitial time in which I would have had to appeal, which was I guess, October 8, 2012, according to my opponent. So, the intermediate appellate division, one of whom took part in the case against the tortfeasor, and then again at the appeal level, is now an intermediate appellate court judge, loaded with money and power. He along with the others give me, until January 2013 to finalize my appeal or my appeal is dismissed. I get sick and submit the evil doings of Farmers and the judge as described and granted more time. I submit my appeal on or about April15, 2013. Farmer's refuses to stipulate to the record at the lower court level. So, I obtained a County clerk certified copy of the record index. I go to the Court and ask to have the entire file copied and certied and was refused on tape. I took pictures of the Doucments Farmers is attempting to keep from the Appelllate court. Farmers turns around and files a motion to settle record, again, leaving out my response in opposition, back in front of McDonough. Well, tired. If you use Farmer's insurance or Century 21, or the other names they are known by you are nuts. I will win, I will get justice. Let's hope the system works. Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, recently found out there are numerous undiagnoses fractures all through my body, which is not necessary for SUM coverage. The most relevant issue is bodily injury and economic loss, and serious injury is not stated, but my injuries are serious. It appears from the scan I recently got, my friggen body is basically split in bone structure. No wonder I've been in so much pain. On December 28, 2012 I recorded Farmer's attorney Mr. Lannon on the phone admitting to each and every document I filed. BOYCOTT FARMERS. THEY SUCK MOOSE.

I am an insurance adjuster and I have worked with many of the top insurance carriers. A friend is a Farmer's agent so I gave him my business. Unfortunately, I made a homeowner's claim with Farmers and here is the result. They denied the claim and after "reading the fine print" their policy is one with far less coverage for much more money. They write their policies so the consumer has to "fit" into a narrow window for the claim to be paid. I cannot recommend Farmer's as after seeing how they manage their business, it is not coverage you pay for. There are far better insurance carriers available, ones that put the customer first and actually write policies that cover their insured. I would urge anyone looking for insurance to pass on Farmer's, or hope you never need your insurance. If you get Farmer's Insurance and have a loss, they won't be there for you. You will be on your own and in a position you wouldn't be in if you had another insurance company

January 05, 2014 11:51AM
Back in the mid 199o's, I was having issues with my premium going into overdrive and I had no idea what the cause was.

After about a year of continuously high insurance premiums being paid to them (I have a clean Driving record and was not

in my 20's anymore).

I stopped into one of their offices to try and find out what was happening in my insurance coverage.

At the time I engaged into conversation with one of their reps, I was told that I had made a significant claim in an

auto accident, which I had zero recollection of ever even happening...

Upon further investigation into their files, I found out that Farmers Insurance had lumped my insurance coverage

premiums on to my Brother's account.... because we shared the same last name & address at the time (??!!).

*I had lived with my brother on-and-off in the winter months over a short period.

His girlfriend, who was also on his insurance coverage, had wrecked and totaled a van, and I was apparently helping

Farmer's to recoupe their losses (HUH??) .

When I proceeded to ask the rep about my re-imbursement for the several hundreds of $$$ that they had lifted from

my pockets, I was told that they could do nothing unless I gave them my S.S.N. (again, Huh??)

They saw they were in the wrong ,

had the proof on paper in front of them, and still refused to reimburse the monies they had over charged.

Years later, a class-action Law suit was filed against them, and the judge ruled in the Plaintiff's favor.

*Nellis-Vs-Farmers Insurance co. of Arizona

I have still not seen a penny of the monies they over charged me.

It is obvious that there were thousands (maybe more) of like people me, living under this corrupt system, that

had also not found closure or reimbursement.

It is sad to me, how fast a decent American company can go straight to the bottom of the well, in just a few short years.

Way to go FARMERS INSURANCE !.

I GAVE FARMERS 13 YEARS OF MY LIFE AND MONEY. THEY TERMINATED THE CONTRACT AFTER I GOT ILL AND TOOK MY OFFICE MANAGER AND GAVE HER MY BOOK OF BUSINESS. I WALKED AWAY WITH 7,000. AND A LOT OF LEGAL PROBLEMS.

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
KGPGw
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.