Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Keep Billing Us

Posted by cbeutel629 
Keep Billing Us
November 14, 2008 01:24AM
Farmers is the company from hell. They over billed us for years. We got wise and changed insurance companies. We told them verbally and thought that was the end of it and probably would have been if we had been dealing with an honest company but this company is anything but honest. When we found they were trying to bill us for polices still we sent more than one letter to resolve and said in no uncertain terms "we no longer need insurance services from your company".

Now they billed us for cancellation of polices and made it retroactive. We went to the Dept. of Insurance for our state but they said we owed the money - about $55 for one policy and and $67. We're confused though because we also spoke with attorneys and these attorneys said we probably didn't owe Farmers anything and it would depend on our policies and they would be surprised if our policies contained any language like that. We're pretty positive they're charging an illegal amount but don't know what to do about it. Farmers has also sent 3 different notices of cancellation of policy to my husband's employer and almost gotten him fired since he drives for a living. After they sent the second notice to my husband's employer we complained in a letter about it causing him problems in his job. That was over a month ago and recently Farmers again faxed my husband's employer a cancellation of insurance notice and, yes, again, that caused problems. (We cancelled with them over 6 months ago so there is no reason for any new notices to be sent anyway.) It almost seems like Farmers is doing a deliberate act to hurt us. A representative at my husband's employer said this is "harassment" and, oh, I wish we could find an attorney to take the case. Does anyone know of one? I would love to see this company brought to their knees. If there is a class action lawsuit I want and desire to be a big part of it.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
UX9eJ
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.