Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Excessive billing

Posted by R Weyer 
Excessive billing
December 02, 2011 05:26PM
Has anyone else had problems with excessive billing? For 3 months in a row they have bounced my account with ridiculous amounts not stated by the agent and when I requested they stop auto billing they just would not, I called over and over and then I called the billing center and they assured me the problem was taken care of. YEA RIGHT SURE IT WAS. They also said they would refund me and they took money again. They also sent me a letter stating that I was going to be canceled on OCTOBER 1st. 2011 and they did not they billed my account over and over, then I received another notice that I was being canceled as of NOVEMBER 1st. 2011 and instead they tried to get several large amounts out of my account once again, so now I have filed a dispute with my bank. I am so sick of this horrible company. Did anyone else have this problem. I was to sue them myself. Thanks! Lee (R. Weyer)

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: Excessive billing
December 10, 2011 03:42PM
Lee,

I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Your situation is all on your agent, not Farmers. He is not doing his job or making sure everything is in order (he's forgetting to do something). Call your agents District Manager and calmly tell him what's going on. If you wanted your Farmers policy to be cancelled, just tell the District Manager when you wanted it cancelled and hopefully he'll take care of you.

If you have any further problems let me know.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

TS
February 11, 2012 05:04PM
Farmers is the worst.
They charge a late fee if you do not pay 30 days before the due date. they charge 5.00 to make your payment unless you pay electroniclly
they keep saying that they are changing billing systems - but the new billing system has been worst than the old - they just cancelled my vehicle that is paid. Our agents are good friends and they are just as frustrated. This is not an isolataed issue. We had to tell our friends (agents) we will be switching all of our vehicles and homes to a new company.

July 16, 2012 06:20PM
CAUTION

FARMERS is changing billing beware of fees etc
pay your bill balance off till your next renewal to aviod fees
of almost 40%

I am seriously thinking of shopping for a renewal with a different company

class action
July 16, 2012 07:03PM
A class action suit should happen since they have deceptive bad billing practices it is difficut
to even itemize your bills any more too!

Tim
October 03, 2013 09:25PM
F farmers.......for about one year now, my wife had to call every month to contest our large and ever changing bill. Apparently someone or something was changing all three of our vehicles yearly mileage to max. Oue agent blamed it on corporate and corporate blamed it on our agent. Just recently we got a bill for double the normal amount and again found out mileage had been fudged. We have just switched to Alstate and its been pleasent so far. By the way, we have had nothing but problems from farmers. Failure to report insurance to dmv which cause my registration in all three vehicles to be suspended. Failure to imput correct vehicles and vehicle information on policy ect. I'll tell you, avoid this company at all cost.... m

November 27, 2013 05:20PM
The person who blames it on the agent is wrong. When we quote you are price and it goes through billing, that should all be set up to automatically take the payment out. Frustrating when you do this and the billing department screws it up, not only the date but changes the quote and never tells you. I went around and around with the incompentent billing department many times. They hire people who don't know how to add and subtract. And forget if you need a refund because they can't possibily come up with the number. I got so frustrated with them!

joe
September 28, 2014 12:13AM
I signed up for monthly bank eft,fully enrolled in paperless billing and I still get the 5 dollar fee applied.

I will go back to paying from my credit card monthly because at least then I dont have to worry about these thieves dipping into my bank account and then making up some bogus mickey mouse rule excuse as to why they took an extra 10,20 or 50 out of my account.

These things are always on the plus side of the ledger, in favor of farmers.

In consideration of our agreement to allow you to pay in installments, the following service fee(s) may apply:

For Monthly Automatic bank payments (EFT) and fully enrolled in Paperless billing option, no service change will be applied per account per month.

For Monthly Automatic bank payments (EFT) not fully enrolled in Paperless billing options, a maximum service charge of $2.00 (as allowed by state law) will be applied.

For all other payment plans other than those listed above (including Monthly Automatic Credit/Debit Card payments), a maximum service charge of $5.00 (as allowed by state law) will be applied per account per installment/month as allowed by state law.

January 08, 2015 02:58AM
I have a similar experience. On renewal, they sent me a renewal at a 25% rate increase. I called my agent and said I would leave instead of paying a 25% increase (with no policy changes and no changes in my driving record). The agent re-negotiated the policy, changing some coverages to lower the policy to a more agreeable amount. Farmer's continued to bill me at the rate of the 25% increase. When I cancelled, they continued to try to get the full value of the 25% increase from me, even turning me over to a collection agency despite me showing them my policy quote that was lower than what they were billing me.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
kTxMj
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.