Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Do not Interview for job positions at Famers...It's that bad.

Posted by James A. 
Thanks, Lance...

I actually e-mailed your review to them, when they e-mailed me re: working for them.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

I have been unemployed and put my resume on Monster.com a couple days ago. I just got a call from Farmers Insurance located in "Elk Grove" and was informed they found my resume online. I have an interview on Monday in Elk Grove.

Weird thing is I received an email from the District Manager for a Farmers Insurance in "Citrus Heights" last night wanting to schedule an interview as well.

I have not been in sales for 10 years and furthermore, I've never sold any type of insurance. Anyone else encounter this situation? I'm feeling like this may be a scam.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

I got a call out of the blue to interview for a branch manager position next week. I have strong office management experience but no insurance experience. They said nothing about doing sales, but I'm sure I have to listen to a pitch.

Can anyone tell me if they hire branch managers outright or if we have to climb the ranks by being an agent first? Just wondering if I should bother taking a day off work for this interview. I'm only considering it because the location is so convenient. Thanks!

Yes, I also recieved an identical interaction from this company recently, after posting my resume online. I'm not in this particular field. They said that you don't have to have experience. Hmmm. Sounds ridiculous.

I worked for Farmers insurance for 9 years and the company is not the issue the leadership is. Bullying, favoritism, poor ethics, integrity, and honor. Values the company holds dear but middle management seems to ignore and only use if it benefits them. I was in a supervisory position in one of the HelpPoint claims centers. For four out of the six years that I was the supervisor position I was bullied, disrespected, not given the benefit of the doubt all by my direct manager. I was verbally and physically threatened by my subordinates and hr. as well as upper management did nothing about it. My rights were violated under ADAA numerous times as I suffer from depression and I have severe allergic reactions to medications and my manager would with hold that information from HR. When I would ask for assistance I would not get it. What I would get would be extreme micro managing, unrealistic expectations, and verbal put downs. I would also be expected to do three times better work then my peers. I would be placed on corrective action for misconduct for things I did not do or for misinterpretations of behaviors that were due to anxiety, depression, post traumatic stress, and extreme exhaustion. All diagnosed by two different physicians one a psychiatrist and the other my primary physician. Both told me that these conditions were due to my work environment. I advised my manager of this on more than a dozen occasions over a 2 year time span only to be told about the employee assistance program. At no time was I ever talked to about a LOA, or FMLA. Any time I would talk to my manager about my illnesses and the site director would be near by my manager would shush me. I had my peers spying on me and reporting back to my manager anything I did or said in meetings or that I mentioned to them. When my manger would approach me about something I supposedly did wrong or inappropriate. I would be approached in open and on the call center floor where everyone could hear our conversation. My manager would proceed to tell me what I did and when I would start to defend my self and say "that is not what happened." Before I even started to say what happened my manager would proceed to say "that is not what I was told" and then storm off. I was basically out right not given the benefit of the doubt and called a lair before I had a chance to defend my actions. The sad thing is what I was accused of doing where things I was suppose to do for my job. When I finally went to HR and filed a hostile work environment complaint. It was completely turned around against me and I just gave up.as I felt HR was hostile and accusatory. I decided the job was not worth it. I quit as so many people do when in a workplace bullying situation and left for greener Pasteur's and I can tell you that there are greener pasture's and better companies out there. Until Farmers recognizes that they have an issue with their leadership in the HelpPoint Claims centers they will continue to have high turnover, low moral, and high employee use of FMLA, LOA , and sick time. I cannot express enough that Farmers Insurance is a good company and that the issue is not the company but leaders within a certain part of the organization. People leave leaders not companies.

Wow! and thank you for the info. I'm scheduled with the same office tmrw at 10 am. What's up with that???? Were the questions incriminating or what do you think they are doing? I'm a former felon from 40 yrs ago and they still asked me to come in! They also wanted to know if I had credit over 10K pending! All the offices hold someone's name and I imagine there is money involved with a franchise, or something...does anyone know what's going on with their deal?

Just interviewed with them. Next morning they emailed saying I was not selected. Glad to know it was a blessing in disguise. I knew something was wrong when they said the salary was so low. It was 25% below market. I feel like I've just been slimed ... Somebody call ghost busters ... Seriously, they are scum.

I worked for them 20 years ago and amazing that nothing has changed.

I recently got an offer letter with farmers and they are going through a background check where they check my DMV DRIVING RECORD. I'm a little nervous about that because my license was suspended but now active for a failure to comply and failure to appear back from 2012 and 2013. Do you think that will stop me from getting hired? I don't want to waste my time hoping to get the position and they end up bringing me on bored for them to later terminate me for my old violations. can you please help?

interview with farmer's
November 17, 2021 06:38PM
I have the page open right now to apply.... And now it's closed.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
bEGp9
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.