Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Ahh my car!

Posted by gregnoble 
Ahh my car!
June 26, 2006 09:25PM
After reading what i could about farmers i am very very affraid as to what is going to happen to my car.

I was recently in an accident where 2 police were present. After handing the girl who hit me a ticket for failure to keep a safe distance they gave me the accident report number. I took this report number and the next day went to the police station to retrieve the report. I took this report, made copies, and then went to my insurance company about it (nationwide). I just wanted to get it on record to show it has happen. After talking to Farmers, they told me there is nothing they can do until they talk to the insured party. My father works for an insurance company, Progressive insurance, and he is appalled at how long it is taking to get things taken care of. My car is not able to be driven in its current condition, i have work, my father has work, my mother has work, and we have two cars... We are ready to get a lawyer involved in this as i have gone through this before and it has never been like this.

What im looking for is some help to get my car fixed. I need to know what to do, what opinions you have...

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: Ahh my car!
June 26, 2006 11:23PM
Since your father works for an insurance company, you may already know this. But it is my understanding that if you have collision coverage on your vehicle, you can seek payment from your insurance company. Then it is up to your insurance company to deal with Farmers. That may be a better situation since it won't be just you against Farmers.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

adjuster
Re: Ahh my car!
July 25, 2006 12:52AM
All insurance companies are obiligated to speak with their insured prior to accepting liability for an accident. Farmers has the duty to confirm the facts of the accident with all involved parties. Police report are tools, which insurance companies use, but they are not set in stone. I know it is frustrating to wait for the conclusion of the investigation. Think how upset you would be if your carrier accepted liability without even talking to you. The previous poster is correct you always have the option of going through your carrier

Good luck, I would hold off on the attorney. The attorney will take 1/3 of any settlement and typically leave you to deal directly in regards to property damage.

1. continue to contact Farmers
2. speak to a claims supervisor (likely have less experience than the adjuster)
3. Claims manager is the one to talk too
3. write letters if no response
4. contact the department of insurance if the claim is over 40 days old

Since your father is in the insurance industry he can assist you more than an attorney and the money will go into your pocket

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
7bKuD
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.