Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Canceled my policy but they won't refund my money

Posted by mary cornell 
I cancelled my policy in on 12/31/2007 and got new insurance the same day with a different company. Farmers failed to stop the automatic payment from my checking account. I didn't notice for 4 months. I contacted them today to get a refund and my agent said that I won't get it. So I contacted his boss, who wouldn't respond, so I contacted his bosses boss who said that I have to deal with the agent. I just got off the phone with the agent, who said "sorry too bad, we didn't ever get your cancelation letter". So they claim that they don't have to refund my premium, even though I have been insured this whole time with another company. And no one from Farmers here in Colorado seems to care.......nice!

Does anyone have contact info for someone at Farmers that might help me?

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Farmers employee.
Re: Canceled my policy but they won't refund my money
August 21, 2008 04:51AM
Call 888 Farmers and ask for the fax number to service point. Fax in a letter stating you want your coverage cancelled effective the day your new policy went into force. Attach a dec page from your new company. Make sure it documents all vehicles that you want to be cancelled with their vin #s and your name and the effective date. I don't know your policy so I can't promise you will get a refund but this will at least get rid of some of the debt. Hope it helps.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

I cancelled two bike polices and then were told after that we still owed the entire premium for the year. The office staff was confused as well as myself as to why. I contacted district office and was told they would get back to me. The local office called and stated sorry we still owed the full amount. They also sent it to collections without sending us a final bill. I will never recommend farmers to anyone of my collegues and encourage those that have it to look closely at there policies.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
bGhHh
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.