Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Warning: Farmer's Circle of "Dependability"

Posted by Jake Pinneberg 
After a Farmer's insured rear-ended me, Farmers welcomed me into its
Circle of Dependability program. The COD facility in Morgan Hill, CA,
Advanced Auto Body, was "waiting for authorization to begin repairs."
Within a week, Advanced Auto Body and Farmers totaled my car.

Skip the COD trap. Find a repair shop that wants to repair your car
and not steal it using low ACV and high salvage estimates. I finally
got my car repaired, but not by Farmers' COD shop.

Good luck settling with Farmers!
-Jake

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

So when someone tells you your car is totaled, you would rather have it repaired rather than get a new one that may be more dependable than the one that has had several repairs and frame damage. All of these possibly leading to future problems, accidents, breakages and no resale value due to having frame damage.

I had a vehicle that an insurance company would not total and should have been. The body shop did not want to do the work knowing it was going to be a headache. The car was never right, always had problems and when I tried to trade it in I was told the car had frame damage from a prior accident and the car became worthless. You use ACV actual cash value. Something damaged has a very small cash value they were doing you a favor unless your bucket was a collectors item.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

"Bubba" are you saying that a damaged frame cannot properly be restored? Seems to me that you did not choose to go to a reputable and credible shop. I have seen many many frames repaired CORRECTLY and no issues ever came up. Then again, those repairs were not done by a COD shop that has to cut corners to repair cars due to the insurance company directing repairs they have no clue how to accomplish. Amazes me how all of a sudden insurance companies know more than the certified repair teams. Amazes me. Well, we can only hope that people begin to see the blanket that these companies pull over their eyes.

Re: Warning: Farmer's Circle of "Dependability"
May 31, 2011 01:19AM
Actually guys, speaking from the inside, let me tell you, while the shops may give them discounts and used the Alt Parts, they make up for it elsewhere. They add 2-3 hours here, there, and everywhere and pretty soon, they are charging the company what they would have without the companies interference. Also, if they screw up, it is not thier butt on the line, it is the company. After all, Farmers guarantees the repairs of these shops and if something goes wrong, Farmers has a lot more money to go after then a shop.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
WunPb
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.