Ghost Coverage
January 30, 2007 04:43AM
If you have ever considered getting insurance from Farmers Insurance, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere. What commodity does insurance deal in anyway? Trust... trust is the commodity of the insurance business, and Farmers Insurance can only be trusted to do one thing. Take your money with a smile, then cut and run when the chips are down.

After 15 years of faithful payments to Farmers Insurance, my wife and I accidentally missed one payment and were left high and dry when we were involved in an auto accident. We immediately got current with our payment but were told we were out of luck.

I can understand where they're coming from. It's big buisness and we were just another small fish. We continued using Farmers for our Insurance just long enough to research other companies. Then we sent a letter of cancelation when the coverage date expired.

Months later we recieved harassing calls and letters from International Association of Commercial Collectors Inc. telling us that we were delinquent for a payment in the amount of $30.17. When we contacted Farmers to ask them what these charges were for, they informed us that after our coverage expired, they had, out of the "goodness" of their hearts extended our services and were charging us for that extra service which we did not ask for and had previously asked to cancel.

Funny that they didn't have such good intentions when we were in need (the accident totalled about $2,000.00). But now that we were no longer doing business with them, they decided to charge us for services we did not use nor did we ask for. It's kind of scary when you think about it. They can arbitrarily give you services that you don't ask for, and if you get into an accident they're not involved, but if you aren't, they write up whatever amount they want and stick it to you.

Farmers Insurance... You can kiss my @$$.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: Ghost Coverage
January 30, 2007 03:44PM
Brian Yamasaki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Farmers Insurance... You can kiss my @$$.

LOL, well said!

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

February 01, 2007 04:17PM
curious when they said they extended your service. Did they extend it from the point that it had canceled initially or from the point that you wanted it canceled the second time.

And secondly who told you it was extended. The company or the agent.

Two things if the policy was extended from the initial and it now covers the date of teh accident. You have a valid claim that can be made.

Even if you are no longer with the company you have up to 3 years to make the claim.

Secondly if that was not actually the case but instead the agent told you this to try and playcate you than he/she is liable for the dates they told you you were covered for. In which case you can pursue a claim against the agents E&O coverage.

CFA

June 23, 2007 08:34PM
CFA,

First, thanks for the response and the tips. Sorry it's taken so long to reply. I've kind of tried to move on in my life. Every time I think about this, it just gets my blood boiling. These corporate #######. I wish things were still old school where a man had to look another man in the eye and be accountable for his actions. I'm all of 150 lbs. but I'd throw down with any one of the corporate policy girly men and I'd punk them like the low rent pimps they are.

Sorry... just reopening old wounds.

Anyway, In answer to your question, the policy was conveniently extended from the time of our cancellation and not from the time of our accident (which occurred not more than 1 month after our missed payment... we had just moved and our mail was on construction hold and I hadn't had a chance to go and pick it up from the post office).

It's cool to hear that they would have had to cover us if something had happened. But I probably wouldn't have taken their filthy money anyway. I figure, I wouldn't walk across the room to spit on them if their heads were on fire, let a lone waste another minute trying to ask them to do the honorable thing.

Farmer's Insurance, you smell like a Horse's @$$!

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.