Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Stolen vehicle claim...being treated like criminals by Farmers

Posted by Sissy 
We have been Farmers customers for over ten years and haven't really had any trouble with the two claims that we have filed. One was someone who hit me and the other I hit a cow! Anyway, six weeks ago my husbands Mid 80s Chevy pick up was stolen. I didn't even know that I could file a claim until my father advised me to do so. We have now been assigned a Fraud investigator because there were some "RED flags" in our claim! We are being treated like criminals by our own insurance company. They want things such as cellphone records back a week before it was stolen. As far as I am concerned if its legal for them to do so, they can get them at their own expense. Not only that but they did make one potential offer of $1600.00, well we could have sold the vehicle for over $5000.00. What idiot would still there own vehicle for a loss.

After reading this website, I know that I will be filing a complaint after this is settled and will switch to another insurance company!

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

My car was stolen a few weeks ago, but the chicago police found it. The car was really dirtied up, and someone had gotten in with a key. But Farmers refused to change the lock in the ignition, since the column was not broken. They only changed the outside locks. Then tHE car started to deteriate fast. First the brakes, then one of the cylanders needed fixing, and now they tell me the exhaust system needs repair for $1100. Farmers refused to pay any of this, saying it was normal wear and tear...My car was always running well, since I maintained it religously.
I WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OFF IF MY CAR WAS NEVER FOUND!!!

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

I am in the same situation. My Car was stolen on either July 7th or the 8th and I have been put through the same situation as you. The are treating me like a criminal. I already filed a complain with the Insurance Dept. and also with a news paper. I have met with their Investigator and also with their attorney and gave them all the information they wanted. I think we should all get together and file a class action suit against Farmers.

Re: Stolen vehicle claim...being treated like criminals by Farmers
September 22, 2007 12:05AM
I am going thru the same thing.... business truck stolen and then recovered with all the equipment gone off of it. My agent admits he wrote the policy wrong (we have this on tape) and instead of a commercial policy he wrote a private policy. Who drives a 1 ton truck around as a personal vehicle with bait hauling equipment on the bed??? Anyway, I got a check for $762 for going to south Florida to get the truck and that was all. needless to say, my policy does not cover expenses to go pick up a stolen vehicle that was recovered. I have filed suit. Will keep posted.

September 22, 2007 07:17PM
I would check to see if your agent had E & O coverage which I am almost sure he does. Usually what happens on things like this is they (Farmers) will cover his E and O for him, but you will have to pay the back premuims for the commercial coverage. Also, IF you can recover, remember the policy does not cover replacement cost, only actual cost. They will depreciate your items taken. Also, if the coverage is extended, it will be only for things that were actually attatched to the unit, not the tools inside the tool box, ect...

September 23, 2007 04:22PM
My agent did have Errors and Omissions coverage and was told to use it but didn't. That is why I am suing him and the company.

September 24, 2007 09:20PM
well, if he uses it or not is not up to him. I would contact the DM (dist mgr) and go over his head or the Manager of the claims office. If you dont mind, give me your claim number.

angie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My car was stolen a 4 weeks ago, but the Pomona all the interior was taken
it. , Farmers
> refused to pay it the 30 days time its past and now they denied it pieod, they treated me like criminal they acting like third would countries they take your money and not paying claims it have to stop because of all these sharks the country down its getting like a third would

I agree my car was stolen out of my drive way at night while I was at work. Not only do I have to claim on my auto insurance also my renters insurance. Double wammy on the deductable and they arent covering everything I had in my car. Had over 120 CD's in car not covered!!!! The CD's world take care of the $1,000 I have to pay. Not only that they turned it over to a Law Firm that I have to meet with in late Aug. the car was stolen mid June. What a crock. I a honest hard working American male who is just now getting back on my feet from a oilfield injury which I had to have surgery on ( lower back ) and a week after I was injured I was laid OFF. I feel that I'm being ripped-off not only from the scum who stole my car also my insurance company who I have had since the age of 16 and I'm 37 now so much for loyal customers huh?

My car was stolen and the insurance company setteled and have my check to pick up tomorrow. I have to sighn the title over. However i just recieved a call from the police and they notified me they found it. It had been in an acident and all the contents are gone. Should i leave it at the impond yard pick up the check and let the insurance company eat it

Same boat here a couple of years ago. I WORKED for them when my van was stolen and they still treated me like a criminal.

my truck was stolen on the 16th of Feb. someone slammed into the back of me as i was going over a speed bump. once i got out to look at the damages they jump into my Mercedes and pulled off.its now the 17th of March and they are still giving me such a hard time. Ive called the police almost daily for a update on my vehicle praying it was recovered. the have an investigator calling me and now they are playing the game they did not receive my paperwork. so they resent it and i emailed it back. i was injured my truck and all my belongings were stolen and they have the nerve to treat me like the criminal. I WAS/AM THE VICTIM. I got a call from the rental car company saying after today Farmers will not cover my rental any longer because its been 30days. WHAT CAN I DO?

Iam going through the same thing my car was stolen out my driveway while i wasn't home I've been with progressive insurance company off and on I've had to file two other cliams with them years back never had a problem with them paid cliams within 7days each time I decided to go back with them this year because they were a lil cheaper than what I was paying when I was with them before car got stolen about almost 3weeks ago I've provided all receipts and picture's to prove the conditions my car was in now their asking for cell ph records and bank records claiming my invoices dont look right because they were hand written with letter head I feel I'm as well being treated by progressive insurance company like a crimnal iam a disabled woman why would I want something like this to happen I thinking about fileing a compliant on progressive insurance and may have to get an attorney to deal with progressive insurance as long as they on the receiving end its all good but when they end up on the giving end its all kinds of B.S. they will never have me as customer again I rather pay more than put up with progressive ins B.S.

I'm experiencing the same issue with the same insurance co and have know clue how to move forward in proving my car was stolen and getting my claim paid. Any suggestion??

My car was stolen about 30 days ago. I stay at a warehouse in a semi funky area. The car was taken from out front. The insurance company wanted my phone and text records as well as they had me come in for an interview at one of their offices instead of doing it over the phone. The farmers rep.has been very friendly till today when I called and asked what ws going on with my claim{ I couldnt get my rental because I dont have a major credit card}So I have been either without a car or using my kids. I feed homeless people 5 days week. I drive alot to pick up donations of food. Having no car has made this hard.Why are they taking so long to tell me what is going on with my claim. And why did the rep. seem in a hurry to get off the phone? Maybe Im getting paranoid. Should I get a laywer?The insurance company doesnt seem to care that I cant do my volunteer job, mayne if it was a more important job in their eyes this would be settled how long do they have to investigate the theft of my car?.

yes if you dont i guarantee you will regret it. you will have to return the money that they gave you and they will give you even less for the payout on the found vehicle. take my word for it insurance companies will gladly take your money but will not pay out fairly when you need the money.

Sorry to know about this.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
GeMhk
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.