Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

very poor record management?

Posted by CA Resident 
I have encountered several problems with Farmers and its agents. These problems are minor compared to what I have read here but, I believe it shows a pattern of poor record keeping and poor management at the very least.

I bought a brand new car in May. I contacted my farmers agent and requested coverage. I was told there would be no problem. A few days later the agent contacted me and wanted to know why the car had been loaned to a woman in a city 50 miles away where she had been in an accident with the vehicle. This accident had occurred in December prior to this. I told the agent I didnt know what he was talking about and that the car was brand new..there was not a scratch on it. The agent did not believe me. I then discovered that the car i had bought in May had been manufactured in february...2 to 3 months after the alledged accident. Only when the agent saw documentation of the manufacturing date did he begin to believe me.

A seperate problem with Farmers involved keeping addresses correct on policies. The bill for my policies always came to the correct address. However, the listing of the address on the policies was wrong on other documents. The numbers were transposed. I attempted to correct this both by phone and in writing many times. I could never get them to fix the error. Then I received a letter stating that I had moved and not notified Farmers and therefore my auto policy was being reevaluated and that my premium would be increased to reflect my new address. The letter also stated that they had attempted to communicate with me at my new address and I had ignored them.

Next, I had a policy thru Foremost on some dirt bikes and atv's. As I was selling off the bikes and atv's, I notified Foremost in writing when i wanted a particular item removed from the policy. Foremost could not follow my written requests. If I said, remove dirt bike "A", they removed atv "D". When I attempted to correct the problem, they deleted dirt bike "C". All of this was done in writing and very clearly.

Lastly, I had a joint residential policy and auto policy with my father. He moved to Oregon and obtained a new homeowners policy and auto policy in Oregon. Farmers kept trying to combine the policies even though the agents were told not to mix them.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
xbDUu
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.