Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

HOMEOWNERS CANCELLED???

Posted by jett 
Re: HOMEOWNERS CANCELLED???
June 11, 2017 09:20PM
So, I purchased a nice home near me that needed just a few things done to it before I could sell it. My first house flip. Foremost was one of two companies who would inusure an unoccupied dwelling. While I was working outside on the home, a guy stopped by to take outside pictures of the house. After already paying several hundred dollars for the policy, $849.00 to be exact, I receive a letter that they were canceling my policy due to the roof not being up to their standards. They gave less than a week to fix the roof or that was a one foot by four foot area incorrectly covered by the previous owner. Mind you, this is a flip house and anything that is wrong with the home will be fixed within the six week period. One week after Foremost cancelled my policy and enjoyed my money, my total re-roof had begun. I will NEVER EVER use Foremost or any affiliated insurance again. They never asked me if or when the roof would be fixed. It was a cancellation notice period. They refunded $7.32 out of $849.00. The explanation for the tiny refund did not add up to what I had paid for during the short coverage period. Not worth suing over but I would definitely NOT recommend them. CROOKS!!!

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

R
Re: HOMEOWNERS CANCELLED???
February 16, 2018 11:15PM
So my beef with Farmers is a bit different. I canceled my auto insurance with Farmers, cut my premiums in half. Well since my Homeowners policy was attached they canceled my homeowners even though I paid the premium. The next month when I attempted to make the premium payments I couldn't because they had canceled my policy. My agent then informed me that my premiums would increase by 55%. I told them I was fine with the cancellation. I find new Homeowners insurance. Jump forward 3 months and I received another cancellation notice and a bill for insurance premiums backdated to when they originally canceled my policy. I don't think so! To remove this amount they are demanding that I prove I had insurance during that time. What a scam they cancel and reinstate at will and then demand you pay. It is none of their business if I had insurance or not, they canceled my policy. Now if I had a claim during that time it would be a totally different story they would say I did not have insurance.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
VkXbU
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.