Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

cancellation fee

Posted by Arthur Larsson 
cancellation fee
April 16, 2010 09:20PM
Everyone needs to heed these warnings about Foremost Insurance business practices. I had Foremost Homeowners insurance for four years and several years of RV insurance before that. I never had a claim. Our Homeowners premium was $727 last year. The bill came in this year for $931, a 22% increase in one year. I contacted the agent and asked for some reason that I had not been told of such an increase. He indicated the company had paid a lot of claims in the past twelve months, I said I would have to find other insurance. I contacted every other provider of homeowners coverage in our location. The Foremost policy would run out on the 17th of March. The other company's underwriters scheduled an electrical inspection on the 5th of April, the earliest date the inspector was available. The inspection found no problems so the insurance was bound on the 5th of April. Foremost was contacted and the policy cancelled as of the 5th. The new policy at Foremost was in effect for 9 days. Morgan Chase paid the premium out of escrow, $931, on the 4th day of March. Foremost has notified me that there is a provision in the policy stating the minimum premium is $250,00, and have sent the balance, $681, to Morgan-Chace.
This Company had my money for 43 days at no fee. Prorated the nine days of coverage would have been just $23 dollars not the $250 charged. They are crooks plain and simple.
I am a 73 year old that is blind and deaf. I will file suit in small claims court in my local county to attempt to overcome the stress and frustration caused by Foremost Insurance.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: cancellation fee
September 14, 2017 04:22AM
Don't trust foremost insurance group. I had recently leased a car from a dealer and they gave me insurance by paying it for me I had 30 days of auto insurance after I found another auto insurance group. I then proceed to call formost insurance and told them I would like to take my car off their insurance and then I get told by one of their associates that I will be getting a $70 dollar cancellation fee. I then proceed to tell the operator that I didn't pay for it and that the car dealership payed for the insurance for me on my first car. They then still told me that I would still have a fee and that I would have to pay it. This insurance company isn't worth going to I know that some other insurance companies have cancellation fees policies but if I didn't make the payment and it was insurance givien to me free and I found another insurance company why would I need to pay a cancellation fee.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
6NVHY
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.