Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Farmers Insurance rates skyrocketing!!!!!

Posted by Whammo77 
My parents had Farmers for their home insurance for as long as I can remember. My dad died many years ago, and this past year my mother died. My wife and I bought their home, and continued with Farmers. Well, about a month ago the Farmers agent called and said the premium for the home was going to increase. It was at $1900 per year. So I asked “How Much?” The agent told me it was now going to be $4800 per year. I was like “WHAT THE F@#$%!!!????”. I asked why so much? The agent told me that Farmers had a bunch of “high risk” properties and that they lost big the past year. I was like “So what you’re telling me is that if Farmers is so stupid as to go out and insure a billion dollar home on top of an active volcano, and later the volcano erupts and obliterates the home, y’all consider that to be MY problem???” Their answer? “Yes sir, that’s pretty much how it works”. WTF!!?? However, they told me if we bundled that it would be ‘SIGNIFICANTLY’ cheaper. So we asked them to quote the house, our (4) cars and our (2) rent houses. They came back with a quote in excess of over $10,000 per year!!!!! That’s “SIGNIFICANTLY CHEAPER”???? NO!

So we did some shopping, and in the end we got a reputable company to cover all those things, plus our boat and a horse trailer for less than what Farmers wanted JUST for our home.

You know…. It’s funny. For every other person/business in the world, if they take on a high risk property, stock, or whatever, and it goes KABOOM then they are just forced to suck it up and eat it. Oh, but not insurance companies….. they just triple their price to their customers. Can you imagine if a fast food joint operated like that???:

Customer: Yes, I’d like the Big Mac value meal, with medium fries and Coke please.
Attendant: Ok sir. Just so you know, we gambled on the new McAnus sandwich, and it was a bust. Therefore, your meal will be $599.00. Please pay at the first window……….

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
Ct7TV
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.