Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

12.26.16 Texas Tornado Victim - Under Insured Clause in My Policy?

Posted by Awan 
Will try to make this is short as possible. I bought a brand new construction home in 2012, the mortgage broker told me he had a "great agent who would get me a great home owners insurance quote". Since I was dealing with the stress of buying a home and so on, I went with the Farmers agent and her policy. MY husband and I had stable jobs with combine incomes of about 175K and buying a home for 250K. We were not over stretching ourselves and not on fixed income or anything like that. Now comes 12/26/15 when our home is leveled by a tornado. We are told we have a under insurance clause on our policy and a 2% deductible, both of which the adjust said were not common. We are only getting 292K in a rebuild for our house when at this point it is more like 400K. The agent refuses to take responsibility and is pointing the finger at the mortgage broker, saying he requested the policy to be setup this way. This is lowing our contents coverage and temp housing allowance. We knew nothing of this clause, no where do I see it in my policy when I look online and at no time was I told this would be in my policy. This house was our investment, why would we choose to under insure it. I am waiting for Farmers to show me where I signed off on this, where it is stated in my policy, what the true #s should be for rebuild/contents/temp housing and so on. But in the meantime I am getting everything documents and ready to pursue legal action. As far as I am concerned, this agent and mortgage broker are running a nice little scheme to get ppl to go with Farmers and I am sure he is getting some type of incentive to do so from the agent. Not ONCE did this agent ever call me to go over my policy or once I filled a tornado claim or since filling the claim. What I am looking for is any advice on this under insured clause, should this be something they need a physical signature on? The adjuster told me a 2% deductible is very strange, but then the claims supervisor (who claimed to be an Ops Manager, what a joke) claims that is normal. And then any attorney out there reading this that would like to take on our case?

State of Texas already has a class action out there for their "unfair or deceptive practices involving the determination of certain fees, discounts, and policy offerings, and improper use of credit scoring and certain risk assessments."

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Please email me at jasonpalkerlss@gmail.com. I work with several law firms as a consultant handling exclusively with farmers cases. I get some of the best settlements and quickest results because I handle claims in bulk with upper-level adjusters. I am very confident that I can help you, but will need some more information.

Thanks

Jason

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
uTDFD
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.