Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

We were robbed- Farmers covered NOTHING after 25+ Yrs

Posted by Nicole 
We had insurance with the same Farmers agent for over 25 years. Had a couple small auto claims and thats it. We recently were robbed. Over $10k in things stolen including new appliances refrigerator, washer and dryer, saws, most of my husbands tools, personal items like radio and other household decorative items. We were building a house and the robbers knew when to strike, we had added Course of Construction insurance on top of the Homeowners insurance over a year ago and guess what.....Farmers covered ZERO!!! They had "provisions according to the 3rd edition policy" that stated things like tile and dry wall would be covered. Who steals huge sheets of dry wall? Or pallets of tile? Please point out the latest criminal you've seen with a fork lift driving up to your house and slowly driving away with worthless items? Farmers answer to not covering the appliances was "..because it happens too often that they usually get stolen while waiting to be installed." WOW. Like their commercials say "We've seen a thing or two.." Yes and they make sure they cover themselves in every which way they can to NOT have to pay you for it. Another "provision" was the house had to be a place of "Abode" so if we weren't sleeping there full time then our personal property is not covered!!!! So our barn that has valuable items etc wouldn't be covered either since we don't sleep there either.

I know of two additional instances within this last month talking with family and friends that have been left high and dry by Farmers not covering what they should, giving people the run around and making it very very difficult to get anything covered after 30+ even 40+ years of people paying them year after year with little to no claims until recently...Farmers doesn't care period. They didn't even ask for a list of stolen items, and if you've ever been robbed it takes time to realize and not find something you are looking for that was stolen. They never asked, never cared to cover a single thing.

Regarding our agents office: Your agent should be there to help you, guide you, answer questions, offer support maybe?? They told us right off the bat when we called and we were robbed that it would absolutely be covered. Next thing we get a few days later is a phone call from the claims department saying not covered. We then tried to call the office left a few messages over a few weeks, even requested the head guy in the office call us because his staff has always had a very difficult time returning emails and calls over the years, people are rarely even in the office or answer phones. He called us back once to just tell us the same thing as the claims guy, but said he'd look into it and call us back...its been over TWO MONTH's now and still no call back from them as promised, no response to our email request for a simple breakdown of our plans (we have eight policies with them), no call backs, no email responses, no help with the claim, NADA. Worst office I have ever heard of, they sign you up on plans they don't even know what they cover, they don't ask you to update anything, like our course of construction should've been updated (it's been a 1.5 years).

They are not pro-active, you don't even hear from them, they couldn't care less. If you don't want to pay premium prices and be left out in the rain, then stay far far away from Farmers and especially the Redwood City office in CA.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Pamela Gilbert
Re: We were robbed- Farmers covered NOTHING after 25+ Yrs
July 29, 2017 09:02PM
I had two houses and several cars and nothing has ever been replaced-if i call my brother in fountain valley or the one with the horrible wife who believes everyone owes her and her kids something while they invade your life-and gable thier money away, i get robbed , if i call the insurance company same things, even my car was stolen this time--wfs did not even let anyone know i paid my car off -it only had 42,000. bought at desert ponitac and dont buy anything from chapman dodge on boulder hwy either-my husband stole our van to Chapman of west sahara and i didnt get the 6500.00 from the sale of the vehicle either, never saw any money at all and the dealership never asked one thing.state farm has a client who hits people with cars and doesnt even call them at all.I have been in pain for a years and it even became worse tens months later when my brain began to unnumb-the car hit me in the head, the police showed up , then hide-then i washed the blood off my face in the bathroom nearby, when the paramedics appeared-they didnt look like regular trained people, more like high school drop outs. put one banage on the cut near the eye brow-i looked like i was ...ok-the brusing hadnt even started yet-
who will help us-i have children i havent seen for years and i didnt leave them free of my own will-
SADDLEBACK HOSPITAL IS DEMANDING MONEY FOR TREATMENT AND NO ONE IS COOPORATING TO RESOLVE ANY OF THIS AND IT'S BEEN YEARS. I PAID ABOUT 600.00 A YEAR FOR THE HOUSE ANAHEIM.CA -TAXES-THE PROPRETY MANEGER WAS FROM A CUTL-AND I DINT EVEN REALIZE IT WAS THE PEOPLE I DIDNT TRUCT AT ALL-HTHEY GOT ABOUT 8,000 OF MY RENTAL PROPERTY MONEY-NO THIERS

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
4wVUh
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.