Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Water damage in condo. Farmer’s is the hoa insurance company

Posted by Kris Fletcher 
Black water came up through my toilet Dec 7, 2018 because roots clogged a waste pipe for 2 buildings. Once the plumber identified the source of the water, property management took responsibility, paid the plumber (that I called out when prop management said it was my responsibility) and called a restoration company to begin drying my condo.

Property management didn’t report the claim to Farmer’s for a month (reported Jan 7 with a date of loss of Dec 24). Since then it has been nothing but delays with Farmer’s. I am in Northern California and they are significantly undervaluing the cost of labor here. I sent them 3 bids from contractors I interviewed (my insurance company, MetLife, said I’d be able to select the contractor) who each estimated labor at $38-43k. Farmers gave me about $27k to cover labor and materials (less the $5k deductible of course). Each time I say they have undervalued a material, you cannot buy Berber carpet for $2 a square foot, they tell me I can submit a receipt and request more $ for that item and they will consider it. It hasn’t even come to that point since they will not give me more for labor costs.

They have forced me to let 2 of their chosen contractors see my property. One has sent an estimate to Farmer’s (and is refusing to let me see it) and has notified me that Farmer’s has accepted his bid. Can they force me to use a contractor with ZERO online footprint and who has only provided me with 1 reference I have been unable to verify? If the HOA hires him can I sue the HOA for every item that is not adequately repaired? Can I sue the HOA if he does not meet the agreed-upon timeline (assuming delays are his fault and not adequately communicated)? Can I sue the HOA if he does not hire qualified subcontractors who are able to verify their identity before coming into my home? I’m not the sue everyone kind of person, but I’m pissed and sick and tired of this bs.

Also, do I have a legitimate complaint against Farmer’s I can submit to the insurance board (or whatever it’s called in California)?

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
6dyvP
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.