Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

1099 problem for ex agent

Posted by Sherry LaLonde 
1099 problem for ex agent
February 15, 2008 02:40AM
I am confused and wonderd if anybody can shed some light. I am a former agent...reserve on 1-2-03 to career 4-16-03, (topper club and life awards, etc.) made my run to daylight by 3-30-05 and retired 1-1-06 (huge amounts of stress lead to some major health problems - thank you, Farmers!). I never received a dollar for the year 2006, yet I just found out that from the IRS that Farmers reported $14,000 on a 1099 (which I never received) for 2006?????
Anybody have any insight on this? Shocking, I'm having trouble getting Farmers to respond to my phone calls.

Side note 1: I was the "hero" of my district with what I thought was a nice friendship with my district manager...until I told him I had to quit due to health problems. Then, of course, I received a weird, rude and threatening letter. I've never been so happy in my life - the best thing I ever did was quit!!! I am enjoying a whole new and fulfilling career. There is absolutely NO loyalty from Farmers.

Side note 2: the absolutely abysmal way claims were handled (I have some pretty good inside information that the claims adjustors were, in fact, given monetary incentives to pay as little as possible and to even deny liability) along with the complete disaster called the underwriting department forced me out. I could no longer sell something I did not believe in. I felt I was doing my clients a dis-service by offering them a Farmers policy.

Sherry LaLonde

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: 1099 problem for ex agent
February 15, 2008 08:58PM
Ah yes, like Farmers to do so. WHen they waive your subsidy amount they 1099 in it yo you. I Learned this when I recieved a 1099 showing alot more than I made. I called accounting and that is what they told me. They 1099 you not only that but the Championship and Topper trips. The value (cost of them) get 1099 to you.. That is why I never even take them.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

February 17, 2008 05:08AM
Thanks for the insight...I was guessing that's what they did. I'm just surprised they are able to do that after the date that I quit. I'll have to pull out my old contract and read the fine print, I guess.

March 29, 2008 05:32PM
I had the same problem. I received a 1099 for 07 that showed around $3,000 then after I had already filed all my taxes and spent the money on a trip, they sent a note saying "we made a mistake." I then received a new 1099 for $28,000. I figured that they waived the subsidy loan until...

Yesterday morning (at 7:00AM MT) I received a call from some extremly rude, arrogant collections guy who told me I couldnt possibly make payments to them and because it was a "business venture" I would have to pay the full amount within 3-6 months or they would sieze my assets or get a judgement to garnish my wages.

Anyone with insight on this matter?

Secret agent A
January 25, 2012 12:44AM
If there is payment that is expected back there shouldnt be a 1099-MISC on subsidy. If they waive and write off the subsidy it will be a 1099C and should be sent to collections for repayment.

This means Farmers is 1099Cing people then selling the debt off to another company. That is a federal crime.. Someone should set up a class action suit against Farmers.

I see so much of this on different threads. This is wrong.

February 02, 2012 04:06PM
Where can I sign up. I would glady do a class action law suit!

Does anyone have a phone number for agent services? I am a terminated agent and trying to get copies of 1099's separating out my commissions from my contract value. Someone I spoke with said there was no phone number, just an email address. Your help is appreciated. Mitch Kelling

July 03, 2016 06:02PM
Mitch Kelling -

Here are the contact details I have. I hope that is helpful. Good luck!

Farmers Insurance
PO Box 2959
Shawnee MS, KS 66201
Bus. (877)-720-2201
Fax (860)-282 -6691

October 02, 2018 09:05PM
I have a 1099 problem that Blew up , I also had career with farmers , I resigned 2016 and was hit with a letter, from accounting .
Based on my book of business which I was paid peanuts and subsidy. I owed over $14,000 + .
I was given two options pay in full or payments with balance paid in 2 years couldn't do. I ended up filing for Bankruptcy .
Now farmers after all this sent me a 1099 14,000+ for year 2017, which I know farmers never paid me in the year 2017 it was 2015 and 2016
I filed for social security in 2017 and now social security wants their money paid back $20,000
I need a letter clarifying I did not receive a penny in the year 2017

Frustrated , I will try calling farmers accounting dept , wish me luck

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
EGePu
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.