Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

NEW: Farmers SIU employee over time class action law su

Posted by Clayton Roloff 
ATTENTION ALL CURRENT AND FORMER FARMERS INSURANCE GROUP SPECIAL INVESTIGATIONS UNIT EMPLOYEES:

THE FOLLOWING SUIT HAS NOW BEEN GRANTED CLASS ACTION STATUS TO RECOVER POTENTIAL OVERTIME WAGES WHICH ARE ALLEGEDLY OWED SIU EMPLOYEES:

FENTON V. FARMERS INSURANCE EXCHANGE
U.S. DISTRICT OF MINNESOTA FILE NO. 07-4864 JRT/FLN

TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS OF POTENTIAL RECOVERY YOU MAY WANT TO CONSIDER CONTACTING THE REPRESENTING FIRM IMMEDIATELY TO DISCUSS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS:

NICK DONOVAN
NICHOLS, KASTER & ANDERSON, PLLP
4600 IDS CENTER
80 SOUTH 8TH ST.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55402

EMAIL AT: DONOVAN@NKA.COM

(877) 448-0492

CHECK OUT THE WEB SITE: [www.overtimecases.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/11/2008 05:51PM by administrator.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Another Farmers Lie...

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
DISTRICT OF MINNESOTA
Michael Fenton, individually and
on behalf of others similarly situated,
Plaintiff,
v.
Farmers Insurance Exchange,
Defendant.
Civil File 07-4864 JRT/FLN
DEFENDANT’S MEMORANDUM OF
POINTS AND AUTHORITIES IN
SUPPORT OF ITS MOTION FOR
SUMMARY JUDGMENT

See: [www.farmersinsurancegroupsucks.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 05:15PM by administrator.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: NEW: Farmers SIU employee over time class action law su
October 06, 2009 12:55PM
On Septemeber 29, 2009 a ruling on summary judgment was handed down. The judge ruled that Investigators had been misclassified as exempt employees and are therefore entitled to compensation for the hours worked over 40 in a week.
Onward and upward.

October 13, 2011 06:14PM
I was curious if anybody else out there was involved in the SIU class action O/T suit. This matter went to mediation recently and the settlement amount I was advised of seems rather low. I spooke with plaintiff counsel and was told the figures were based on a 2 year time period. I'm not certain why I thought it was based on a 3 year time period.
Anybody else curious about the settlment?

November 23, 2011 01:50AM
I am in the Texas NM OT lawsuit and ours is for a 3 year period. Maybe your state law is different. Email me and let me know what they came up with. ajdraco@suddenlink.net

After being an exceeds employee in SIU for 15 years, Farmers bought 21st Century out and we started working 14-16 hour days with constant ridicule, harrassment (including yelling and name-calling) and being written up without providing information for me to defend myself. Then they called me in for a meeting and terminated me immediately. We were expected to travel constantly yet be on our computers 10 hours a day, which doesn't add up. Then they said if I retired or resigned they wouldn't fire me, but fired me anyway. EEOC signed off on a discrimination lawsuit which I haven't pursued. Can I get in on this class-action lawsuit? I understand other SIUs in other states were under the same treatment.

October 25, 2012 03:45PM
Hi Marguerite,
The SIU suit was settled about 3 years ago. i went through the same crap as you did. The O/T of course, working for a manager (Chuck Bos in Grand Rapids, Mi) who would satnd in meetings and tell us who his favorites were and who gets the biggest raises, made fun of employees going through chemo and fabricating false accusations of substandard work performance.
His boyfriend and butt buddy protege, John Cassidy became an SIU Manager and followed the same corrupt path. He followed up where the other moron left off and made false allegations against me as well.
Of course, Paula Garavaglia, the slag H/R Manager (V.P. or whatever the hell she is) was advised of their backhanded scumbag ways and she dismissed it. This just proves the entire organization is a corrupt shithole. (Nine years of my life I'll never get back-that's OK, the payoff was worth it between my ADA charges, class action O/T suit, Profit sharing monies and my retirement fund which is on its way to me now). Not to mention the fact, I'm with a much much better company that doesn't walk all over their employees and promote jarhead morons into management positions. It was a blessing in disguise.

I'm sure another class action O/T suit could be initiated? Farmers is a pro at breaking laws and being sued. The best in the industry!!!

farmers settled with the us dept of labor millions at call centers for not paying employees for time worked, real nice eh, it was in the news.

Just look at all the employee lawsuits out there or at least the known ones. How many others would there be had the folks given up due to the unsurmountable odds in fighting these crooks. California, Texas, Oregon, Minnisota, Idaho, Alabama, Georgia, Michigan. Wow! does that not say something in itself. What else is going on with this company that we do not know about?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
9WNjV
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.