Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Can Farmers get the DOI to revoke my license?

Posted by Rick 
Hi all,

I'll try and keep my Farmers story short and get to the point. I started as a reserve agent in Jan 2005 and was career until October. Basically I became very disheartened with the company and quit selling life insurance. They threatened to terminate my contract after 3 months of no new life apps and I said go ahead. I'm now independent and extremely happy with leaving Farmers.

Since then, they have sent me letters saying I owe $10,600 in subsidy and its all due right now. I dumped about $30-40k of my own money running an office, paying for staff and equipment so my accounts are cleaned out.

The collection agency that Farmers sent this to says that Farmers often gets the Dept of Insurance to revoke former agent licenses for not paying the subsidy back.

Is this possible? I life in Arizona if this makes any difference.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

Rick
farmerssucks@vanhazel.com

PS: I converted my former Farmers site into another Farmers Hate site. I'm going to have to put a little more content to get another site out there like this one.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Hi Rick,

My story sounds just like yours to the T. I just resigned as of Jan. 31st and my DM left me a message that I could pay the subsidy back in monthly payments and that he could arrange it. I left him a message that I would like to do it that way, but I haven't heard anything, and since i've been lied to so much by this company your story concerns me. They even stopped my subsidy check I was supposed to get in February. Also I got my 1099 having to claim this money on my tax return so if we have to pay 1/2 of this back do we have to claim these earnings on our tax returrn?
Another agent mentioned that Farmers has a class action lawsuit against them for tricking people into this profession with false promises and ruining good people's lives and I am looking for this info and still have not found anything. I swear if I was painted the whole picture from the get go and not after I went career I would have turned away, not quit my job, and spent my life savings on this program.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

I don't see how they can terminate your licenses. They were not the once to have acquired them for you to begin with. As for the subsidy, it’s a loan!! DON"T claims it as income!!!!!!!!!!!

If you’re not afraid of the collection agency I would spit at paying that off!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
xxYeT
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.