Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

How do I get a copy of my contract?

Posted by LifeisRuined? 
How do I get a copy of my contract?
June 16, 2016 01:52AM
Hi,
I'm new to this website/forum. I, too, have had some troubles (to say the least) with Farmers. My "Agency" lasted a total of 6 months. Much like some of you, upon 'termination', I received a letter telling me to pay them back the Subsidy, plus other charges, all at once. If I remember correctly, my contract, WHICH I NEVER RECEIVED A COPY OF DESPITE AT LEAST A DOZEN ATTEMPTS, said that repayment would begin on Month 43, 3% of the total, not to exceed $300/month. Please forgive me if those numbers are slightly off, it has been a couple years since I "signed" the contract. By "signed", I mean that I was told to sign, but not date, some forms and vice versa.
I apologize for the rant, but as many of you can imagine and have experienced, this has been a terrible experience to say the least. My whole purpose of writing this is to ask - WHERE CAN I GET A COPY OF MY CONTRACT? DOES ANYONE HAVE INFO AS TO WHO I SHOULD CALL? So far, as when I asked my DM and office secretary, I keep receiving the same response - "Hmm, that's strange (that I never got a copy) I'll look into it. As I stated, I approached almost everyone in the office who was my 'superior' and requested a copy, well over a dozen times. If anyone knows a good phone number, email, etc. it would be GREATLY appreciated. I need to see it again with my own eyes and get a better idea of what I'm up against. Like many of you, collection agencies are coming after me, as well.
Thank you,
Mike

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: How do I get a copy of my contract?
July 03, 2016 05:38PM
Mike,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I will tell you that per my own experience of dealing with your DM/Farmers after you have been terminated is almost hopeless. If they didn't actually care about you when you were an active agent, they care for you even less after the fact. I would dig to see if you can find your DM's boss or further up the line, and reach out to them. You might get a better response. unfortunately, I say that somewhat sarcastically. As far as your contract verbiage, you are correct. Ad long as you complete your career program and continue to be a Farmers whipping boy...those numbers/dates/timeline are pretty correct. However, if you are terminated (even though some of us voluntarily quit) the subsidy debt is due immediately. They may ask for 50% settled immediately...or 100% paid of in 3yrs.... That's what I have been offered and what I keep hearing to be consistent.

Anyhow, post/share on this forum as much as you can and pass it along to anyone else considering this ridiculous opportunity. It's the worst decision I have ever made, so I'm happy to help in any way to keep others from doing the same.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

They use docu sign now so I was lucky enough to get a digital copy. I'm lawyer'd up just in case. They are playing with fire. I never wrote a policy or got anything I should have to pay for after I signed. I hope they charge me because I got the money to sink them

I am in a similar situation. If you remain a Farmers agent, and complete the career contract, you are correct, those are your loan repayment numbers. If you resign or are terminated, those numbers don't mean a thing. And you have to hit certain quotas for those numbers to stick. I was recently contacted by Farmers about collection of the money I owe them, since I terminated my contract after a month and a half. So, I owe them 50% of the subsidy I received in one lump payment, or 100% of the subsidy, paid monthly, over the next 36 months. They do not have any other options. I have tried to work with them, and explain to them that I can not afford to make the monthly payments and I can't afford to just write them a check, but they will not offer you any other options. I don't really know what else to do about it, since I just got married, and we are currently living paycheck to paycheck, because I couldn't make my own agency work with Farmers. It is a horrible situation.

Brava
Re: How do I get a copy of my contract?
August 24, 2018 01:12AM
Who is your lawyer? I need one badly.

Brava,

Did you find an attorney? I am a former Farmers agent in battle with them now. I would love to share information. Email me dcmb69@gmail.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
etKx6
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.