Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Policy enrollment without consent

Posted by JME 
JME
Policy enrollment without consent
November 28, 2012 03:41AM
Hi folks - so here is my scenario- I purchased a home back in JAN 2011, received multiple quotes for home and auto, one quote being from Farmers. I chose what in my opinion was the best provider - NOT Farmers - and all was well. Later on about a year down the road, I get a collections notice from a collections agency that was sent to them by Farmers - claiming I had enrolled in a home and auto policy and not paid it, resulting in cancellation and them claiming that I owe them some coin. So I provided them my current insurance company signed delclaration and all pertinent papaerwork, and challenged them to show me any documents that I had signed with them. They could not, of course, and they closed the account. 2 months ago they re-opened it - I followed the same listed actions, and again they closed the account. They just now have listed it in collections for a 3rd time - so again I have sent in the dcumentation, and been informed they would not be able to accept it.

What can I do? Every company I get a quote from, I give them a yes or no obviously and it is never a problem. They never sent me anything claiming I owed them money. Even the collection agency didn't have my correct address that Farmers listed with them. So, what, do I just have to take this and pay it because there are no other options? I listed this with the attorney generals office, and will be consulting with a lawyer. If anyone has some idea please let me know. This literally leaves you powerless, and has cost me time away from work and an over 750 credit rating.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Re: Policy enrollment without consent
December 02, 2012 10:32PM
check into the fair credit reporting act. If you challenge this, they have to take off the records till it is settled by proof. The proof is thier burden, not yours.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
mxcCc
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.