Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Web Site Home
Phorum
This Site is Unauthorized by Farmers Insurance Group. By accessing this site you are agreeing to the Rules/Terms

Advanced

Agent saying covered and then claim denied

Posted by Jeff 
I called my agent in September to ask if there were any coverage issues with a rental property being renovated and had been for about a year. My agent said I had coverage. Said I was there at least once a week, sometimes twice and would have it listed in about a month. What I also told him was once it was listed I could not guarantee how soon a tenant could be signed to a lease. He said OK. About a month after this conversation an ad was posted to rent, and showed the home to 3 potential tenants. Then 4 days after showing the home it was broken into and the copper including wires were cut out of the basement.

I called my agent the next day to enter a claim and he told me I needed to lie since it was unoccupied. I questioned why would we need to do that since I called 45 days earlier to ask about a vacant property and you said I was covered. His reply was I thought it would be rented sooner. Upon his request I secured an estimate which came in at $17,000. He then told me again I needed to lie and tell the adjuster the house was not vacant in the last 30 days. I declined to lie and the agent said don't call in the claim and wait for his response. He then called in the claim which I asked him point will I have any issues with it being covered and he said "no, you're good". The claim was denied citing being vacant for 30 days. My agent refuses to take any ownership and won't enter a claim in his errors and omissions policy, even though it was requested by the coverage department.

Outside of legal representation is there any recourse or direction can deal with Farmers direct. Is there a level at Farmers that can make coverage decisions outside of field adjusters? Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Farmers Insurance Rated Worst Farmers Insurance Sucks T-shirts Farmers Insurance Alternatives

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
LtTW7
This is a moderated forum. Your message will remain hidden until it has been approved by a moderator or administrator

Copyright 2005 -  FarmersInsuranceGroupSucks.com - All Rights Reserved 
This site is published as a public service to warn consumers of the business practices of Farmers Insurance Group.  This site is in no way affiliated, connected with, or sponsored by Farmers Insurance Group or any of its subsidiaries. All content and information on this site is my opinion or the opinion of those referenced. This site is for educational purposes. The information in the Complaints section or from other people, blogs or web sites  are provided at face value, we have not confirmed  any of these stories/opinions.  We are not responsible for accuracy in story content. Copyrighted material has been used for non-commercial purposes only.  By accessing this site you agree to immediately contact us to report any incorrect data or misrepresentations of facts. Links to any other sites are for informational purposes only and should not be considered an endorsement of the site.