Farmers Insurance Ranks Below Industry Average for Auto Claims Satisfaction
According to J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Auto Claims Satisfaction Study, Farmers Insurance ranked below the Industry Average in Customer Satisfaction.
The 2008 Auto Claims Satisfaction Study is based on 11,671 responses from auto insurance customers who filed a claim within the past 12 months. The study excludes customers who only had glass/windshield, theft/stolen vehicle, roadside assistance or bodily injury claims. The study was fielded from July to August 2008.
The study finds that implementing 10 specific service practices has a considerable impact on overall satisfaction
with the claims process. They are:
• Answering all customer questions
• Managing expectations regarding the settlement
• Expressing genuine concern
• Avoiding negotiated settlements
• Providing flexible appraisal appointments
• Returning phone calls
• Sharing information between representatives
• Providing proactive updates
• Ensuring customer is at ease with claims process
• Giving customers a time line and meeting it
For details see: J.D. Power and Associates 2008 Auto Claims Satisfaction Study